CORE TO BIOLOGYWORKS™ IS THE RIGHT OF INDIVIDUALS TO HAVE IMMEDIATE ACCESS TO THEIR HEALTH DATA, AS WELL AS TO KEEP THAT DATA PRIVATE AND SECURE.
- We believe that individuals have a right to know their own health status with regard to COVID-19 and other flu-like infectious diseases, and that testing is critical to stopping the spread of viruses and other infectious diseases.
- Individuals own their BiologyWorks’ data and have the right to share their health status, including test results, with anyone, including any business or service provider, they choose.
- We are committed to facilitating individuals’ ability to share data in a safe and secure manner.
- There should be a presumption of privacy when taking the BiologyWorks test. No identifiable data will be shared without the user’s explicit consent, unless mandated by the laws of the user’s jurisdiction. If that is the case, we will clearly share these regulations with the user.
- Individual data shall not be shared with any non-mandated parties, and particular attention should be paid to ensuring that data not be shared with those parties who may have an interest in using it in a punitive or discriminatory way (e.g., employers).
- We have designed and built our systems from the ground up using Privacy-by-Design principles, and we believe in informed consent and transparency in all of our user interactions and in the use of any data that we collect.
- As part of our Privacy Center, users will be able to see what types of information we collect, how we collect it, how we use it, how we store it, and how and if it is shared; users will also be able to opt-in (or opt-out), and exercise their privacy rights under GDPR and other laws.